Friday, April 30, 2010

Why do people expect others to conform to their ideas of decent or proper? I respect someone who has the courage to speak what's on their mind and the confidence to defend their point of view, whatever it may be. I may not always agree with it (chances are I won't) but at least I'll respect your point of view and the passion you exude to uphold it. I work with a group of people who are so afraid of pissing each other off, no one will say what they really mean or think about anything and in situations like that nothing will ever change, at least not for the better. And I'm not saying that fear doesn't have it's place. It can keep you from doing stupid and dangerous things but to much can keep you from doing ANYTHING at all. That's no way to live. People tell me to just go with the flow, keep my head down and just shuffle through it, that it's the easiest way to survive. I happen to believe ,however, that there's a thin line between being meek and passive and being weak and cowardly.

No comments:

Post a Comment